We are hiring a Solder-Process Engineer for our new location that will soon open in Mooresville, NC.
mta automation, inc. manufactures, sells, and supports soldering and dispensing robots for the North American market. Our headquarters in Switzerland designs and produces all of our products. Hence, the US-based office is able to focus strictly on customer-specific needs with just a few employees. The challenge of a small organization is our people need to have a diverse skill set and willingness to perform a broad range of responsibilities.
Primary job functions include:
- Conduct tests on customer products to find the best solution for each customer’s application
- Coordinate with tool builders to design a custom fixture for the customer’s part
- Optimize the solder process and program the machine to the customer’s process
- Add optional features to the standard platform
- Install machines on-site in USA, Canada, and Mexico (travel appropriately restricted during COVID-19)
- Occasional travel to Switzerland for new product training might be required
- Note, our machines are built exceptionally well and tested thoroughly before delivery, so service visits after initial install are extremely rare.
Candidates need to have a strong proficiency in industrial automation. Technical problem solving and methodical evaluation skills are paramount to developing the soldering process. There can be multiple projects simultaneously, so candidates need to have strong organizational and time management skills. This job also includes administrative responsibilities. We will expect the selected candidate to manage their projects autonomously and maintain accurate records associated with each project.
Other strong advantages but not absolute requirements include: specific experience with automated soldering equipment, electronic manufacturing, toolmaking experience, conversational Spanish, and 3D modeling.
The skills needed are broad and specific. Therefore, we are willing to invest 1-3 years of industry-specific training to fully develop a true expert in our field. Consequently, we are looking for a career employee that is willing to spend 10+ years with our organization. The selected candidate, will be working under and trained by our VP of Engineering that has over 30 years of industry-specific experience.