TR300 soldering table-top robot
The mta TR300 standard table-top robot was designed for semi-automated applications requiring point-to-point soldering from above.
This machine is typically purchased by customers looking to improve the consistency, precision, and quality; increase the throughput and decrease the reliance on highly-skilled hand soldering. In cases where it is difficult to justify the cost of fully-automated equipment or the product requires human dexterity to load, the TR300 is the ideal solution.
The TR300 can be equipped with any of mta’s soldering heads: soldering iron, induction, microflame and laser. For the laser soldering, the TR300 platform is guarded with metal sides and a mechanical door to protect operators from the laser.
The main features of our TR300 include:
- Sturdy aluminium frame
- 4-axis soldering robot, Y-axis in the base to also present parts to the operator
- 300x300mm working area
- Industrial PC controller with Embedded Windows® operating system
- Intuitive menu-driven mta MotionEditor software
3 reasons to choose the mta TR300 soldering table-top robot
- The TR300 is purpose-built and is user friendly. No compromise was made on the head design to fall within the lower payload of off-the-shelf table-top robots.
- Anti-jam wire feeder is mounted at the end of arm. This provides more accurate and reliable wire feed than feeding the wire long distances.
- Advanced analog heat controller holds a precise temperature for better process control.
Each machine is specifically tailored to the customer’s application, but the standard TR300 soldering table-top comes well-equipped:
- 3 axis cartesian robot
- Complete soldering head according to the chosen technology
- Tip cleaner depending on the chosen soldering head
- Safety guarding and light curtain (on semi-automated systems)
- Air preparation system
- Industrial PC
- Full-size keyboard and screen
- Rotary axis
- Specific fixture
- Fume extraction system depending on the chosen head
- Monitoring camera
- Recentering camera
- Vision quality control
- Second screen
- ESD protection kit
- Part presence sensor
- Part height measuring sensor
- Automated sponge humidification system depending on the chosen head
- Signal tower
- Working area 300 x 300 x 100 mm
- Cartesian robot 3 or 4 axes (option: axis T)
- Shift of axes point by point
- Positioning repeatability ±20 μm
- Speed X and Y: <200mm/s, Z <100mm/s, T <=3.14 rad/s
- Electronic control industrial PC
- Operating system WINDOWS
- Programming HMI Windows oriented
- Interfaces ethernet / USB port / serial port
- Execution mode standalone or slave with PLC via I/O interface
- X, Y and Z axes actuation step by step motor
- Power supply 230/115V – 50/60Hz
- Power consumption 1 kVA
- Air pressure max. 6 bar
- Dimensions 804 x 732 x 995 mm
- Weight ~125 kg
Selective soldering solutions
PDF - mta_selective_soldering_05.2017.pdf /8.3 mb
Classic soldering iron
The mta soldering iron is the most popular soldering technology probably because most customers are looking to upgrade from hand soldering with the iron.
The mta induction soldering head is typically used in applications with a high thermal mass that require more heat. Other heating methods must allow time for the heat to migrate from outside-in;
The mta microflame soldering head can be used in two extreme applications. It can be used in applications in high thermal mass similar to the induction system. At the other extreme, it can be used on relatively small joints that require a very quick soldering process.
MLH45 laser head
The mta MLH45 laser soldering head is used in a variety of applications: joints that are too small for the iron i.e. 1mm, the part is delicate and requires a non-contact heat source, or the joints are in tight places that physical heating units cannot reach.