The design of the mta solder tips is the result of 50 years of experience in the soldering domain. This unique design is based on the following key parameters:
- Easy changeover of the tip: it can be changed within a few seconds and a minimum of steps. The simple and accurate spring lock ensures the replacement of the tips without requiring any further changes to the machine.
- Long life span: the design ensures a long life span of the tips of up to 80’000 soldering points depending on the application.
- Accurate temperature control and thermal transfer: the main challenge in an iron soldering device is the quality of the thermal transfer between the heating element and the tip. In addition, the measurement and the control of the temperature must be fast and accurate.
A large range of standard tips for 80W and 150W soldering heads, corresponding to the most common uses, is available. Specific tips can also be offered depending on the customer’s application. mta tips can be used for both lead and lead free soldering.
3 advantages of the mta soldering heating element and tip design
- The soldering tips are separate from the heating elements. As the less expensive tips are consumed, you replace them only. The heating elements generally last much longer than solder tips and can last for years.
- The tip surrounds the heating element. This design places the thermocouple deep inside the tip for very accurate reading of what is happening at the solder joint. The temperature controller can quickly react to minute changes at the solder joint while the tip still has heat in it.
- The tip surrounds the heating unit so all of the heat radiating outward passes directly into the tip. This design is very efficient and heats the tip quickly.
Solder tips 80W
PDF - Unitechnologies_mta_solder_tips_80W_07.2017.pdf/1.2 mb
Solder tips 150W
PDF - Unitechnologies_mta_solder_tips_150W_02.2019.pdf /1.2 mb
Classic soldering iron
mta’s classic iron head for soldering robots is our most popular soldering technology. Probably because most customers are upgrading from hand soldering with the iron.
TR300 soldering table-top robot
The TR300 is mta’s table-top soldering robot platform. This robot is purpose-built and standardized for semi-automated applications that require point-to-point soldering.
MRC500 soldering robotic cell
MRC500 soldering platform for robotic soldering from above is a free-standing machine cell. Our design engineers purposes-built the MRC500 for soldering applications then standardized the design.
OEM soldering robot for integrator
The mta OEM soldering robot for integrator can be used for semi or fully automatic operations of selective point to point soldering from above.
Thanks to its unique concept, the OEM robot is delivered to the system’s manufacturer with a process guarantee.
The OEM robot can be equipped with any of mta’s soldering heads: soldering iron, induction, microflame; except for the mta MLH45 laser head.
The 3 or 4 axes of the OEM robot are fully programmable through the mta-MotionEditor software, including soldering parameters such as:
- Solder quantity, wire feed speed, preheating/postheating times, automatic tip cleaning cycle intervals and other parameters for each soldered point.
With its flexible and modular concept, the OEM robot can be fully and easily integrated into a production line.
The main features of our OEM robot include:
- Welded frame construction
- 4-axis soldering robot, Y-axis in the base to also present parts to the operator
- 300x300mm or 500×500 working area
- Industrial PC controller with Embedded Windows® operating system
- Intuitive menu-driven mta MotionEditor software
4 reasons to choose the mta OEM soldering robot
- The X, Y, and Z axis use ball-screw actuators for precise actuation with a repeatability of ±20 μm to assure the process is accurate and delivers consistent quality.
- Properly designed heads are fairly heavy, so large DC stepper motors are used that provide the strength needed to actuate the head quickly.
- The OEM platform offers a high flexibility in terms of mechanical and electrical integration i.e. it can be easily and securerly integrated into the customer’s machine.
- Intuitive menu-driven mta MotionEditor software.
Each machine is specifically tailored to the customer’s application, but the standard OEM soldering robot comes well-equipped:
- 3 axis cartesian robot
- Complete soldering head according to the chosen technology
- Tip cleaner depending on the chosen head
- Air preparation system
- Industrial panel PC with touch screen
- Full-size keyboard
- Rotary axis
- Specific fixture
- Fume extraction system depending on the chosen head
- Monitoring camera
- Recentering camera
- Part presence sensor
- Part height measuring sensor
- Automated sponge humidification system depending on the chosen head
Soldering station for integrator
For applications that do not require the flexibility of a robot, a simple mta soldering station is available. It allows semi or fully automatic operations of selective point to point soldering from above.