Plug-and-play MSH150 iron soldering head kit
Very fast and easy integration
The plug-and-play MSH150 iron soldering system includes an integrated software and a set of cables.
In addition, mechanical fixing flanges allows easily to mount the soldering head on a wide variety of robots* (ABB, Fanuc, Kawasaki, Kuka, Mitsubishi, Motoman, Stäubli) are available on our Webshop.
*Technical compatibility in terms of payload is certainly required. Therefore, please check the robot flange compatibility chart.
Furthermore, this turnkey soldering head can be programmed via Bluetooth or cable.
Above all, only three operations need to be performed:
1. Firstly, mount the soldering head.
2. Secondly, wire the cables.
3. Thirdly, install the software.
As a result and thanks to its unique all-in-one design, the iron soldering head is simple to use, to configure and to integrate.
Last but not least, the plug-and-play MSH150 iron soldering head is only available online and its delivery time is consequently fast. However if you need a complete semi-automated solution, we offer a purpose-built and standardized table-top robot equipped with any mta soldering heads, depending on your application.
Customer download access
MSH150 soldering head documentation V1.0
PDF - 300717_MSH150_soldering_head_documentation_EN_V1.0.pdf / 4.80 MB
MSH150 soldering head 3D drawing
ZIP (STEP) - Unitechnologies_mta_MSH150_soldering head_3D_drawing_300717-11-000-000.STEP / 4 MB
Software documentation for MSH150 iron soldering head V5.0.1
PDF - 300717_MSH150_Software_EN_V5.2.1.pdf / 1.6 MB
MSH Configurator software V220.127.116.11
ZIP (exe) - MSH Configurator_V18.104.22.168_Setup.zip / 8.7 MB
MSH Configurator software V22.214.171.124
ZIP (exe) - MSH Configurator_V126.96.36.199_Setup.zip / 9.0 MB
MSH Configurator software V188.8.131.52
ZIP (exe) - MSH Configurator_V184.108.40.206_Setup.zip / 7.75 MB
MSH Configurator software V220.127.116.11
ZIP (exe) - MSH Configurator_V18.104.22.168_Setup.zip / 7.75 MB
Included equipment of the MSH150 iron soldering head kit:
- Soldering head with structure, iron and heating element
- Kit cables MSH150 7m – Article number 6D00317-00-003-070 including the following three cables:
- – XLR 5-poles power cable of 7m – Article number 6D00317-00-003-071
- – I/O sub-D 15-poles cable of 7m – Article number 6D00317-00-003-072
- – RS232 sub-D 9- poles cable of 7m – Article number 000.005.602
Recommended components and consumables for the MSH150 iron soldering head that can be ordered on our Webshop:
- Solder wire-guide kit for 0.7-0.8 mm solder wires – Article number 5-0048-02-000-30
- → Other types of standard wire-guide kits or reinforced wire-guide kits are available and can be ordered separately.
- Chisel shaped solder tip 150W 2.2mm V4G – Article number 5-0005-99-652-30
- Chisel shaped solder tip 150W 3.0mm V4G – Article number 5-0005-99-650-30
- → Other types of solder tips are available and can be ordered separately.
- Almit soldering wire SR-38 RMA LFM-48S 0.8mm – Article number 000.001.247
- → Other types of soldering wires are available and can be ordered separately.
- Complete iron cleaning unit NF02 – Article number 5-0004-02-000-23
- Mechanical flange Ø40-A – Article number 6D00317-10-000-001
- Mechanical flange Ø63-A – Article number 6D00317-10-000-002
Specifications of the MSH150 iron soldering head
- Iron power 150W
- Iron temperature adjustable to 450°C (837°F) and standby mode
- Temperature accuracy ± 2°C (after stabilization; regulation over 0-24V)
- Electrical controller integrated in the head
- Power supply controller 24V
- Configuration interface Bluetooth – RS232
- Communication interface RS232 – I/O
- Air pressure max. 6 bar
- Solder wire diameter 0.3 – 1.2 mm (1.6 mm upon request)
- Solder wire quantity accuracy ±2.5%
- Iron head dimensions 334 x 203 x 205 mm (without monitoring camera)
- Iron head weight ~4.8 kg (with tin spool)
The process controller is included within the soldering head itself. The controller can store up to 64 unique recipes. Many joints normally use the same solder recipe, so this provides the capability to solder hundreds of joints across multiple products. Each recipe has parameters such as soldering temperature, preheating time, quantity of solder tin.
The software allows to program the head wirelessly via Bluetooth or by RS232 cable from your laptop. Furthermore, we provide a configuration app that is compatible with Windows (>. NET4.5). Also, our app uses an intuitive HMI that allows users to easily:
– Set the head without special coding languages
– Monitor the status of the head
– Simulate the cycles
Once configured, the laptop is disconnected, and the soldering head can communicate with your robot/PLC to operate in cycles. For this purpose, two different integrations are available:
– Discrete IO which is very easily programmable and quickly integrated
– RS232 which requires more programming but offers a greater flexibility i.e. possibility to change the recipe values without going back through the configurator
Last but not least, we truly thought of everything needed and made the MSH150 soldering head simple to use, to configure and to integrate.
N.B. Only one RS232 channel can be used at a time.
Selective soldering solutions
PDF - mta_selective_soldering_05.2017.pdf / 8.3 mb
MSH150 soldering head 3D drawing, software & related documentations
This data can be downloaded only if the MSH150 head has been ordered and if you are logged in. Please contact email@example.com for more information.