Plug-and-play MSH150 iron soldering head kit
Very fast and easy integration
The plug-and-play MSH150 iron soldering system includes an integrated software and as a starter kit. A set of mechanical fixing flanges allows easily to mount the soldering head on a wide variety of robots* (ABB, Fanuc, Kawasaki, Kuka, Mitsubishi, Motoman, Stäubli).
Furthermore, the soldering head can be programmed via Bluetooth or cable.
Thanks to its unique all-in-one design, the iron soldering head is simple to integrate.
Only three operations need to be performed:
1. Mount the soldering head and the cleaning unit
2. Wire the cables
3. Install the software
*Technical compatibility in terms of payload is required. Please check the robot flange compatibility chart.
The MSH150 soldering head is only available online.
Customer download access
PDF - 300717_MSH150_soldering_head_documentation_EN_V1.0.pdf / 4.80 MB
ZIP (STEP) - Unitechnologies_mta_MSH150_soldering head_3D_drawing_300717-11-000-000.STEP / 4 MB
PDF - 300717_MSH150_Software_EN_V5.0.1.pdf / 1.75 MB
Included equipment of the MSH150 iron soldering head kit:
- Soldering head MSH150 with structure, iron and heating element
- Solder wire-guide kit for 0.7-0.8 mm solder wires – Article number 5-0048-02-000-30
- → Other types of standard wire-guide kits or reinforced wire-guide kits are available and can be ordered separately.
- Chisel shaped solder tip 150W 2.2mm V4G – Article number 5-0005-99-652-30
- Chisel shaped solder tip 150W 3.0mm V4G – Article number 5-0005-99-650-30
- → Other types of solder tips are available and can be ordered separately.
- Almit soldering wire SR-38 RMA LFM-48S 0.8mm – Article number 000.001.247
- → Other types of soldering wires are available and can be ordered separately.
- Complete iron cleaning unit NF02 – Article number 5-0004-02-000-23
- Mechanical flange Ø40-A – Article number 6D00317-10-000-001
- Mechanical flange Ø63-A – Article number 6D00317-10-000-002
- XLR 5-poles power cable of 7m – Article number 6D00317-00-003-071
- I/O sub-D 15-poles cable of 7m – Article number 6D00317-00-003-072
- Iron cleaning unit 2-poles power cable of 7m – Article number 6D00317-00-003-073
- RS232 sub-D 9- poles cable of 7m – Article number 000.005.602
Specifications of the MSH150 iron soldering head
- Iron power 150W
- Iron temperature adjustable to 450°C (837°F) and standby mode
- Temperature accuracy ± 2°C (after stabilization; regulation over 0-24V)
- Electrical controller integrated in the head
- Power supply controller 24V
- Configuration interface Bluetooth – RS232
- Communication interface RS232 – I/O
- Air pressure max. 6 bar
- Solder wire diameter 0.3 – 1.2 mm (1.6 mm upon request)
- Solder wire quantity accuracy ±2.5%
- Iron head dimensions 334 x 203 x 205 mm (without monitoring camera)
- Iron head weight ~4.8 kg (with tin spool)
The process controller is included within the soldering head itself. The controller can store up to 64 unique recipes. Many joints normally use the same solder recipe, so this provides the capability to solder hundreds of joints across multiple products. Each recipe has parameters such as soldering temperature, preheating time, quantity of solder tin.
The software allows to program the head wirelessly via Bluetooth or by RS232 cable from your laptop. Furthermore, we provide a configuration app that is compatible with Windows (>. NET4.5). Also, our app uses an intuitive HMI that allows users to easily:
– Set the head without special coding languages
– Monitor the status of the head
– Simulate the cycles
Once configured, the laptop is disconnected, and the soldering head can communicate with your robot/PLC to operate in cycles. For this purpose, two different integrations are available:
– Discrete IO which is very easily programmable and quickly integrated
– RS232 which requires more programming but offers a greater flexibility i.e. possibility to change the recipe values without going back through the configurator
Last but not least, we truly thought of everything needed and made the MSH150 soldering head simple to use, to configure and to integrate.
N.B. Only one RS232 channel can be used at a time.