MRC500 laser robotic cell
The laser MRC500 is the larger robotic cell that supports point to point laser soldering from above. The standardized platform is based on a flexible and modular concept that can be adapted to a range of processes from fully-automated in-line to stand-alone semi-automated processes.
The frame of the laser MRC500 is designed to ensure the safety of the operator during the laser soldering process. Furthermore, it also provides maximum accessibility to the working area. The laser robotic cell is only equipped with mta MLH45 laser head.
The main features of our laser MRC500 include:
- Welded frame construction
- 3-axis Cartesian robot
- 500x500mm working area
- Industrial PC controller with Embedded Windows® operating system
- Intuitive menu-driven mta MotionEditor software
4 reasons to choose the mta MRC500 laser soldering cell
- The laser MRC500 is both purposes-built and standardized. The advantage of being purpose-built is that there was no need to compromise functionality around pre-defined limitations. The advantage of standardizing the design is that it does not come with the heavy cost associated with one-off custom machines.
- The X, Y, and Z axis use ball-screw actuators for precise actuation with a repeatability of 20 microns to assure the process is accurate and delivers consistent quality.
- Properly designed heads are fairly heavy, so large DC stepper motors are used that provide the strength needed to actuate the head quickly.
- The laser MRC500 can be combined with a solder paste jet dispenser.
- Medical application
- 2 soldered points with MLH45 laser head
- Point size of 0.3 mm
- Wires on a ceramic substrate of a medical pressure sensor
- 4 soldered points with MLH45 laser head
- Point size of 1 mm
- Medical application
- 9 soldered points with MLH45 laser head
- Point size of 0.8mm
Each machine is specifically tailored to the customer’s application, but the standard MRC500 laser soldering robotic cell comes well-equipped:
- 3 axis cartesian robot
- Complete mta MLH45 laser soldering head
- Laser safety guarding
- Monitoring camera
- Air preparation system
- Industrial PC
- Full-size keyboard and screen
- Signal tower
- Specific fixture
- Fume extraction system
- Recentering camera
- Vision quality control
- Second screen
- ESD protection kit
- Part presence sensor
- Part height measuring sensor
- Working area 500 x 500 x 200 mm
- Cartesian robot 3 axes
- Shift of axes point by point
- Positioning repeatability ±20 μm
- Speed X and Y: <300mm/s, Z <150mm/s
- Electronic control industrial PC
- Operating system WINDOWS
- Programming HMI Windows oriented
- Interfaces ethernet / USB port / serial port
- Execution mode standalone or slave with PLC via I/O interface
- X, Y and Z axes actuation Servomotors
- Power supply 400/208V – 50/60Hz
- Power consumption 1.5 kVA
- Air pressure max. 6 bar
- Dimensions 1’405 x 1’492 x 2’532 mm
- Weight ~1’000 kg
Selective soldering solutions
PDF - mta_selective_soldering_05.2017.pdf /8.3 mb
MLH45 laser head
The mta MLH45 laser soldering head is used in a variety of applications: joints that are too small for the iron i.e. 1mm, the part is delicate and requires a non-contact heat source, or the joints are in tight places that physical heating units cannot reach.
Solder paste dispensing heads
The soldering market is heading towards smaller and smaller applications. Therefore, the size of the solder wire and the influence of its contact with the components become a limit for the achievable process accuracy.
Solder wire feeder
The location of the mta wire feeder is unique. Placing it directly on the solder head improves accuracy, reliability, and overall performance. We are distinctive in this regard because our purpose-built robot is able to support the additional weight at the end of the robot.
TR300 soldering table-top robot
The mta TR300 standard table-top robot was designed for semi-automated applications requiring point-to-point soldering from above.